Wednesday, July. 10, 6 pm - 9 pm: Hanukkah vs. Christmas tasting at City Swiggers: Shmaltz Brewing of Clifton Park, NY
vs. Ridgeway Brewing of South Stoke, Oxfordshire, England, ...Click HERE to go to info page
New... at City Swiggers
CLICK IMAGES TO BE TAKEN TO BLOG POSTS
FAQ's... City Swiggers
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is this place about? We're a beer store and a beer bar in one. We have 30 seats with tables for those who want to enjoy a pint or a flight on premises. And we have about 800 beers in bottles (to go) on the shelves. Check out our tap list, above--at this Web page--or on the black board on the wall across from the bar in the store. As for the bottles, we have domestic beers in the front (west wall, sorted by region/brewery) and imports and ciders in the back. The cooler has a little of everything, sorted by style. 2. How long has City Swiggers been open? City Swiggers has been open since November 1, 2011.
3. How many beers in bottles do you have? We have over 1,400 beers in inventory, so far, and about 700 available on our shelves at any one time.
4. I have my own growler; will you fill it? We'll fill any growler.
5. How much is a City Swiggers growler if I need to buy one? $5 +tax for the 64-oz. bottle (4 pints) and $3 +tax for the 32-oz. bottle (2 pints).
6. How long does beer stay fresh in a growler? First, always keep your growler beer refrigerated. You should plan to open your growler within a couple of days (stouts, perhaps a day or two longer). Once you open it, you should try to drink it up. As soon as your beer is exposed to oxygen it will rapidly begin to go flat.
7. How often do you change your taps? We rotate them out one-by-one as they become depleted (we say, "kicked"). Our tap list changes almost completely every 10 to 12 days or so. And it is rare that the same beer will go up in place on any one tap, or ever. Lesson: You can count on our beers to be fresh but, indeed, ever-changing.
8. May I drink a bottle on premises? We encourage people to drink from the taps, but if you must, we have sliding corkage fees on top of the price of your bottle:
=> $3 extra on any beer under 17 ounces
=> $5 extra on any beer over 17 ounces
=> $2 extra for any cider or gluten-free beer (because we never have these beverage types on tap)
=> no extra charge for soft drinks
9. What are your hours? We're open 7 days a week. M-Th: 1-10, F: 1-11, Sat: Noon-11, Sun: Noon-9.
10. Do you carry Fat Tire? Bells? Pliny the Elder? Nope; none of these are distributed in NYC at this time.